My Lovely Friends

Thursday 7 May 2015

Noor Design UK DT Creation - Arjay's Bedroom

Hello everyone I'm here today with my DT Creation for the Noor Design UK blog.
Today I will show you something I made for my grandson's bedroom. He's mad about Jake & The Neverland Pirate's bless him. Also currently he is sharing with his sister while his mum & dad renovate his bedroom, so thought I would make him this ready for his new room when its finished.
So I've used one of the AWESOME Dutch Doobadoo MDF Art Ship's Steering Wheel.......I loved, LOVED doing this & I will be ordering more. They also would make great gifts ;-)
Links to items used at the bottom or in RED writing.
The inside circle I painted first with Gesso then cut out a circle in the dp & the photo using the Shape Art Circle. I distressed the edges on everything & then ran it through the sewing machine. So there are bits of the white background peeping through here & there.
The outside of the wheel I used another 2 sheets of the All At Sea paper.

I used the Lighthouse & Gull die, I inked parts up with weathered wood distress ink.
I also used the A5 Wavy Stripes Mask Art with structure paste here & there.
Also if you look next to the lighthouses there is a small bottle which has sand in from the beach we live next to........yes we are very lucky as the sea is 5 minutes walking distance away from us.

I've also used the Anchor, Steering Wheel & Lifebuoy Die, above you can see the Steering Wheel cut from Kraft & had structure paste added.
The Anchor I cut from the paper art A5 Nautical set & then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.
Here is the Lifebuoy cut out from Kraft card & structure paste added. I layered it onto burlap & added a button to the centre.
The hooped string at the top you can see is where I created the hanging hoop for his wall. I've used the banner die to add his name to.

I also added a Tim Holtz Spinner from Live & Love Crafts to the centre of the wheel, its lik eit repressents a compass ;-)
Where each different paper meets I wrapped string around before attaching the back. I got the inspiration for this from something I have in my own bathroom...........
I have 2 of these, one in my shower/wet room & another in my bathroom. However it may go into Natalie's when its finsihed lol. These are so pretty IRL & of course match me & shabby chic perefctly of course lol.

Here you can see it hanging up on a hook.
There are different textures to this, 2 different types of string, Burlap, Cheese Cloth from LLC. The nautical buttons & small shells are also from LLC. The larger shells from the local beach.
The photo is of my grandson Arjay with his sister Payton, it was taken last month in my conservatory.
 I love making gifts for my family & Dutch Doobadoo & Noor Design make it sooooooooo easy with their awesome range of products.
In the post below is another item I made for my daughter using another Dutch Doobadoo product, or click here.

Well that's it from me, hope you like my creation today.
Take care & hope you have a good day.
Lotsa hugs xxxxxxxxx


The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:


5 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

OMGoodness look at those two ADORABLE kiddies!! Wow Vicky they grow so fast and how CUTE are these two!!!! Now onto Arjay's gift...what a fabulous idea...it's SO PERFECT for a little Man's room!!! My Grandson also loves Jake and his friends! Have a wonderful day Vicky!
Take care,
Beth

Christa said...

so lovely , i have also made one with my boy dressed as a pirate, hugs xx christa

Fabiola said...

super chou, biz

Carole Pollard said...

So wonderful this is just amazing so much detail The photo is gorgeous such delightful grand children its all so lovely love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

Cute pic of the two, and a fun project.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts