My Lovely Friends

Thursday 13 March 2014

Under My Umbrella

Good morning everyone how are you all? Well I cant believe we have had SUNSHINE all week so far, wow we are being spoilt. The sun & some tunes can always put me in a good mood & set me smiling for the day.

Anyway I'm here today with a card with a stamp that I tried soooooooo hard not to buy until I have inked all of my others...........but yep as you will see I failed last week & brought this furry fella........
In my defense though, look he's soooooooo freakin' cute!!!
I think I did well lasting until last week...........I only got 4 of the new bears though I was good ;0) The gorgeous papers are the new LOTV 'Timeless Victorian' yeah ok I got a new pad as well lol but the colours are soooooooooo gorgeous!!!
The card was made with a large Go-Kreate die. The charm is from my stash & I attached it to the lace using a Tim Holtz safety pin.

The lilac seam binding ribbon is from my stash & I attached a 'Metal Rose' some 'Lilac Pearl String', a bit of string/twine & the dangly thing is Tim Holtz 'Idea-Ology Bauble', you can now get these here.
The sentiment is LOTV 'Sentiment Tags'.
Ok I made this card to fit 2 challenges, I try to keep my eye on these challenges all the time.
The main one is LOTV Monthly challenge which is 'Bingo'. I couldn't decide which line to go for though so did the whole board ;0) I added some extra twine in the button just incase string is not counted. I also added a pin into the flowers with a gem on ;0)

Out of the new bears this & another one are my faves, I also painted the other one lol.
This cutie is of course 'James Umbrella' & I coloured him with distress markers.
I have to admit I kept singing Rhianna 'Under my umbrella' when I was colouring this up lol, hence the title of my post ;0)

All the flowers are WOC. The edge die cut is Marianne 'Anja Border LR0300' & I inked it with 'Milled Lavender' distress ink, I lurve this die!!! The corner die is Joy Crafts & that was also inked. The beautiful lace is called 'Coco (55mm)' & I added 'Shabby Pearl Rose Organza' on top at each side. I also added 2 more LOTV 'Sentiment Tags' to the bottom to say 'You're wonderful my friend'.

Well thats it from me I have painting to do, its taking so long to do the craft room but in between Natalie being poorly & of course normal life to life things as well its took time away from getting it finished. The end is in sight though lol. Natalie is coming to the end of her flu thank goodness, its took her 2 weeks to get there bless her.

Thanks for stopping by big hugs to you all.
Tatty bye & take care lovelies
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering............
LOTV Monthly Challenge - Bingo (Full Board)
The Ribbon Girl 'Lovely Lilli' Challenge - Animals (Bear grrrrr lol)



24 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Vicky! I love the papers and gorgeous embellishments! What a sweet image! Happy to hear that Natalie is starting to feel better.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really cute and pretty sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sue said...

Awwww I'm not surprised you could resisting buying James, he's adorable. Your soft colouring of him is perfect, I love those papers and such beautiful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Linda Levoir said...

Aww Vicky, this is too cute, love those little tags too they look perfect on this. I'm trying to be very good and not buying more stamps till I use all the ones I already have at least once, but it is REALLY hard :) xx

Anna said...

Oh my! This is so sweet. adorable image and I love all the lovely decos :)
Hugs

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! Lovely colors and design. hugs, Helena

Chrissy said...

He is gorgeous Vicky and I dont blame you for getting him..fabulous card shape and love all the magical details you added..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is cute and gorgeous Vicky.

gr karin

Carol S. said...

Beautiful, truly beautiful. I love James the bear, so any card with him on,I love. yours colouring is always stunning and love all the embellies. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Shazza said...

stunning card Vicky x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Under my umbrella is place for mine comment
Gorgeous card Vicky
love the pastels and all details
hugs Tamara

Sandra H said...

Vicky this is another of your stunning makes!! our weather didn't really recover from the fog we had last night and early morning it didn't brighten up and its sooo cold too! xx

cheryl said...

Oh hun super cute image and amazing detail as always beautiful colours hugs cheryl xxx

Cheremane said...

So beautiful and so cute xx

Sharon said...

I agree Vicky, he is darn cute and you coloured him beautifully. I love the design and your card is embellished beautifully.
Hope you are having an enjoyable week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous, I think I need this stamp, soooooo cute. Love the colour choice and all the frou frou. Hugs to Natalie x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Vicky, I like the adorable image the charm, the flowers and the soft colours.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Vicky, I like the adorable image the charm, the flowers and the soft colours.
Kevin xx

Kat W said...

I love that you used the whole bingo board for this card and all the sweet embellies are just perfect :-) I adore this little James and have him stamped out ready to colour at some point... soon I hope!
I'm so glad Natalie is almost better and hope you get the craft room finished soon :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card ! I love the layers and ALL the details, so sweet. I know what you mean about James, he is so adorable but I'm holding out until the NEC at Birmingham next week when I'm going to go Crazy ! Mwahh
Lorraine

Fabiola said...

adorable! biz

Andrea said...

Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili challenge, your card is lovely - I love James the bear xx

made-by-Kate said...

Hello Vicky.
Your card is so adorable. I love the little details and the colors.
Greetings from Switzerland
Kate
http://kate1975.blogspot.co.at/

Anne said...

Another gorgeous card Vicky, love all the pretty details

Thanks for joining this month's 'crafty bingo' challenge.

Good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley