My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 28 February 2012

You Are Special To Me

Good morning my lovelies how are you all? Thank you for your sweet get well wishes for Natalie up to now fingers crossed she kept a bit of water down last night & she has just had a weakened milk feed. 
Anyway we slept in the living room with her last night but I couldnt settle & knew I had cut a card out last week & I had plenty of coloured images so thought I would put a card together.
I made a tag card a couple of weeks ago, yeah I know I still havnt posted it on here lol. When I was making it I looked at all my tag dies, I have quite a few & I barely use them so that gave me this idea.
WARNING PIC HEAVY
I drew around my Magnolia Doo-Hickey die onto card & then scanned the image, once scanned I then enlarged it & printed it out onto another piece of card as a template to draw around. Fold over your A4 card & place the template so that parts of it just overlap the crease of the card, those are the parts that will keep it joined. See pic further down for better idea of this.
TIP: When printing out print out a second one slighter smaller so you have a template for the paper. 

Now I love this idea however I'm not happy with the decoration at all but I was following a colour scheme over at MDU & well tbh honest its not choice of colours........I'm not a fan of orange, I like terracotta but not so much orange.

This flower I made from ribbon last year some of you may remember me posting the pics....yeah can you believe its took me this long to use it......should of made it in a diff colour but I'm glad I did it now lol. The leave of course is another Magnolia Doo-Hickey.

This is the inside & I kept it pretty simple. I used another one of my Magnolia Doo-Hickey dies for the tag inside & stamped a sentiment on from my wood block stamps on my shelf which I've had since I started crafting..........gosh its been nearly 2 years since I started.

The image I coloured up months ago so no idea what colours I used all I know is I coloured her with Copics. I did add some shading on her hair with Dark Umber prisma pencil last night to give it more depth.
I used my Magnolia tag template again & drew around it for cutting out Longing Tilda as I wanted the hole in a different place then I ran the die thru my bigshot & cut another tag out in kraft card & stamped To & From on it.
Ooops need take my son school back soon.............

Lol was hoping get it done before I took him lol.
The heart doily is from ebay & I used my last bit of my favourite lace, will have to get more! Everything else is from my stash, little hearts from a friend. My lovely blogging friend June is now on the DT at Just Magnolia & I wanted to give her support so made this for their challenge as well, pop on over to June's blog she makes the most gorgeous cards.

Thank you for popping by it means such a lot will catch up with you all during today mmwah xoxox
Challenges I'm Entering...........
Just Magnolia - Use a Doily.
Magnolia Down Under - Pink, Orange & White.





43 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is so stunning, wow,I love this cutie and the size is perfect, ok how did you know about Shaleise? I am baffled this morning hugs pops x

Hlora said...

Vicky, every time I am charmed with your projects! This one a tag shaped card is so beautiful! I love the Tilda image so much! I wish I had the same stamp too))
Great job as always!!!!

Larisa said...

Your projects are just beautiful. Love how you used a border punch on the folder. Beautiful!!

Maria Therese said...

So beautiful sweetie!!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the shape and fabulous image.

Fingers crossed Natalie is on the road to recovery.xxx

Marion said...

Hi Vicky,
Stunning card and I love all the detail. Great idea on another way to use your tag die.
Hope Natalie is better real soon.
hugs
Marion

Chrissy said...

Hi Vicky, so sorry, have missed a few post, dont know where I was, wandering around in a daze probably, but gorgeous cards hun!...love them all, so pretty and fabulous colouring...so sorry to hear about Natalie, hope she is improving, take care of yourself too....love this tag, the colours and image are so lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dobra said...

Card, as always
wonderful and beautiful
made
Is wonderfully decorated,
a very beautifully painted finish.

Loopylou. said...

ooooh vicky that is so cool and totally gorgeous!! I love all the embellies and the doily! and tilda looks so cute.
Glad natalie has kept a bit of something down bless her, hope she has a good rest today
huge hugs Lou xxx

Flowergirl said...

This is so beautiful, love how you've done the shape, very clever x
Wendy x

angelwhispers said...

So glad Natalie is a bit better will keep everything crossed for her!!!!

Love the tag card such a great idea and lots of lovely detail just love it! Chanelle xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful card /label vicky.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

Stunning Vicky gorgeous colours.
Chris x

cheryl said...

oh gosh Vicky this is just fantastic what a super super shape,and the colours and your detail Hun is wow wow and wow,
Really Hope Natalie,picks up real soon Hun,hugs Cheryl x

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful creation. Nice flower and nice coloring.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Lau W said...

oh fabulous idea with the shape ! This is wonderful, you're talented !
Cross my fingers for Natalie :-)
xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Vicky this is just so gorgeous!!! I love all of those details and embellishments...really great job it is amazing! :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Vicky! Very creative and beautiful design! I love the sweet image and all the details! Glad to hear that Natalie is at least a bit better today. Hope she recovers quickly now.

heidy said...

Oh wow this is truly amazing sweetie,love those cute butterflies!Hope Natalie is feeling a bit better today!
XXX heidy

Sandra H said...

Such a beautiful creations Vicky l can't express enough how gorgeous it truly is ............just so wonderful:)

Rachel Parys said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Now that's a really pretty tag Vicky (even though it's got Tilda, lol!). No, just teasing! Your colouring and dressing up is superb as always!! Hugs, Ira x

Angie said...

Fantastic card Vicky love the tag shape, what a brill idea to enlarge the magnolia tag and it all matches.
Hugs Angie x

Anna said...

Hi Vicky!
This is gorgeous,love the shape and fabulous image.
Great idea on another way to use your tag die.
Hope Natalie is better real soon.
Hugs

Christina C. said...

This is brilliant, Vicky!!!! The moment I saw it, I wondered how you did that....than I read about the template thing....who would have thought????? I adore tags and this is absolutely incredible!

Lotta said...

Hi Vicky! Oh so cute your little card is! Fun idea to use a die like that! Beautiful image! hugs Sandra

Unknown said...

Love this gorgeous tag card, what a great idea. HugS, Frea

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Vicky
A stunning and beautiful card love the shape
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow what a super cool idea !! I love the tag card with the tags on it too !! So many pretty decorations your flower is so pretty !!! I like all the colours it really works so well ! Stunning creation ! Hope Natalie is much better every day ;0)

Vicky said...

So gorgeous hun :o)

have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx

arjette said...

Oooohhhh Waauwwwww this is really sooooo beautiful!!! Awesome job Vicky!!!

gr. arjette.

Silvie Z said...

Vicky, this is gorgeous! I first thought that it's a Mini Tilda on a normal sized tag, lol! How clever of you to make it bigger, I really love it! And I do like the colors even if orange is not your favorite color! You did an amazing job on this tag card!
Hugs,
Silvie xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oooooh, Vicky, I thought it was a tag but it's a card! Lovely it is too! I do love your ribbon/button flower and your beautiful design and colourwork. I could NEVER in a million years outshine you, girlfriend! But thanks for saying so! Big hugs, Lesley

Sue B said...

Wow! this is awesome Vicky!! I love the Tilda image and your colouring is perfection! your papers and embellies are just amazing!! So many wonderful details. I love the ribbon flower and the beautiful butterflies - it's all stunning!!
I hope you all have a better night's sleep tonight and give Natalie an extra hug from me!
Love Sue xx

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Vicky, this is so amazing. LOVE how you've done the card shape and all the details are scrummy as always. Sorry to hear that Natalie's not well hun. Hope she feels better soon. HUGE hugs all round sweetie.

Donna x

Linda said...

WOW!!This is just gorgeous.. Love the darling little image and its colored perfectly..Very lovely work as always.. hugs, Linda

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Morning Vicky, Wow! What a gorgeous creation - so love everything and I adore that flower:) You always put everything together so perfectly, like they were all made for each other:) I'm glad Natalie is better too and hope even more so today, Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Anne said...

You clever, clever gal!! How absolutely stunning is this! Really made me gasp! :o) xx

Lori said...

Great design, I love the way it opens, really beautiful creation, thanks for joining our colour challenge this week at MDUC!

Shelby said...

This is just so sweet and I love all of the intricate details you've added! Beautiful work as always

Shelby

Ally said...

♥♥♥just perfect, Hun!♥♥
love your giant tag.
Hugs, Alessandra

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job with what I thought was a bit of a scary colour combo - LOL - am just loving this.
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

No way! Such a brilliant idea and I can't believe how cute it turned out!! Great embellishments too. ;D *Hugs