My Lovely Friends

Sunday 20 March 2011

Spring Connie


Good evening all my lovelies have you all enjoyed your weekend? Have you had your chillaxing time lol?
Tonight I thought I would make a card to put 1 of my coloured images on, the ones that I colour & put them in a box then they never see the light of day again.....do you have any of those? That was until I saw this paper & thought it was perfect for The Sugar Bowl sketch with the theme of 'Spring'........so thats what I did.........

Are you scratching your head?? Yeah me too.....yes my coloured images are STILL in their box cus after I had done this card in lemons & grey I thought it would be fab with just a grey drawing........
....Enter 'Connie' I coloured her skin only & sat her right there & I think she sits well there. She is of course a digi from Funkykits.

The inside is done to compliment the front of course.

Paper is from Etsy, lace, pearls & sunflower is from my stash.
Other flowers are from Crafty Emma's.

The bottom edge of the card I did myself on my Grand Calibur.
Well thats it from me quick post tonight cus I've done no blog hopping today its been one of those busy days & when I did go on the net I went shopping to Crafty Emma's......yes she has the new Websters Pages in & I just love Websters.....& its not my fault that other stuff fell in the basket I did really well & kept it under £40......check me out lol.
Well I'm off to do some blog hopping so I will see you soonies.
Thank you SOOOOO much for stopping by with all my heart I appreciate it.
Take care toodles..... xoxoxoxoxox
Challenge I'm Entering.......


22 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Vicky,xxx

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, she does look stunning in just grey! Love your card shape too.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Tracey T said...

This is so gorgeous - I love the uncoloured digi, it works really well. I've been shopping,too - I'm sure I didn't really need any more stash but sometimes you just have to, don't you? Hugs, Tracey x

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Vicky and I love the colours you have used....just so gorgeous hun :o)

hugs Vicky xx

sallysbitz2 said...

Hello Vicky, your card is gorgeous, love the layout and the colours look so freash x

How did you manage to cut just the bottom using grand calibar... I have one too... but as i am thinking now in my head, I just can't see how you got away with not cutting into the rest of your card!
Bet your thinking DER!!!! Lol

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just gorgeous hun, love the colours & that image is fab!! gonna go see what they got lol
huge hugs Stokie Shell xx
ps hope your all ok xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow its stunning sweetie....gorgeous image, love the layout and yummy flowers :o)

Hope you & your family are better now!
hugs and xxxx

CraftyC said...

Evening Vicky and guess what - Snap, I went and got the websters to and think our tally was about the same. Wish my fingers wouldn't do the talking all the time ROFL. Gorgeous card, love the lemon/grey and the image is gorgeous just with the skin coloured. Love the sound of the calibur but think its too technical for me. Hope you've had a good weekend!
Clairexx

Mina said...

what a perfect way to use the beautiful Connie...nope dont have one of those boxes I usually throw my images away when I dont use them for cards or use the back to stamp again...so see its just you lol...I had a feeling you would have guessed about the DT spot lol
Mina xxx

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous. Her face has the most exquisite expression.Fabulous job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous vicky, love the layout and your color scheme.

greetings karin

Loopylou. said...

hiyah vicky!! oooh thats so pretty! is natalie well enough to go back to school this morning hun? mo seems a bit perkier today, snot flowing but much happier! huge hugs Lou xxx

cebelica said...

Lovely card Vicky!

angelwhispers said...

Just love these colours Vicky and the image is just perfect with justthe flesh tones!! Love it!! Hope you had a relaxing weekend and are feeling better this morning!!

Is Natalie better?? Love Chanelle xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Vicky.
luv
Debby

Janette said...

Hi Vicky, Gorgeous card, these adorables really do well with little to no colour at all, I have found them brilliant to play with....xx

Unknown said...

gorjuss card, love that image loads

hugs
judie xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
a beautiful card, fabulous colouring as always,luv the colour combo,gorgeous papers & embelies, sue,x

Kerry said...

Hi Vicky,

Great idea, no stress of picking the colours to suit your paper, lol! Love it. It looks really fresh.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I wish I could blog more, but I work full time and life just gets in the way sometimes. I always make cards, but just don't get the chnace to blog everything.

Your comments are lovely so thank you x

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a darling little image. If I was colouring her and would ruin it even though it was only her face you coloured. Lol!!! Fab layout as usual hunni.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks incredible Vicky! :)

Great zesty lemon colours with such a great contrast with the white. Adorable image, its quite mesmerising, and I am loving the shaped edge of the card.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Erika said...

Beautiful, I love how you've coloured the image and you can't get a better spring colour than yellow.
Thanks for taking part in the Sugar bowl challenge, good luck and happy crafting,
Erika.